In 2002 Bioaromatica Ltd. came up with a unique and innovative agrotourism project called Histria Aromatica.
Boris Filipaj, the pioneer of the project and owner of Bioaromatica Ltd. had been searching for an appropriate piece of land for his project for almost three years.
In May 2005, Bioaromatica Ltd. bought a piece of land of approximately 100 000 m2 in Pizanovac, near Golaš situated in the Municipality of Bale.
After having bought the land, the following activities began:
- The neglected land was stubbed and cleaned; undergrowth was cut down, approx. 800 m3 stumps were cut down, approx. 5 000 m3 stones and 75 000 m3 of other stone material was excavated and separated.
- A geodetic survey of the terrain elevation was conducted for the purpose of future planning.
- All the necessary landscape construction projects were developed.
- A second main access road (1000 m) was built.
- A 3 000 metre long communication road was built and all the existing access roads were repaired.
- The area of 40 000 m2 was enriched by 20 000 m3 of fertile soil mixed with approx. 800 m3 of stable dung.
- Cascade plantations were built on the area between 1 500 and 5 000 m2. In total, there were 14 fields within 60 000 m2.
- Greywater was put in as well as water for the irrigation system. Next, electricity was installed as well.
- A 300 m2 farming facility (warehouse) was built, as well as a concrete 500 m2 plateau with a supporting wall.
- 4,500 metres of drywalls and supporting walls were built on the estate itself.
- A monumental and highly decorative main gate (Portun ) was built at the main entrance.
- 30,000 m2 of Istrian woodland was cleared and refined.
- Changes were conducted in the cadastral and court registry was to switch forests and pastures into agricultural land-ploughland.
- Bioaromatica Ltd. was recorded in the Croatian agricultural producers register and ARKOD.
- All the farm machinery, equipment and tools were bought (tractor, excavator JCB-3 model, motor cultivator, rotary hoe, mowers...).
- Next to the main access road, a 200 metre long cypress avenue was planted with 40 pyramidal cypresses.
- A 6 000 m2 vineyard with 2 500 grapes was planted.
- 100 autochtonous olive trees were planted on 5 000 m2 of land.
- Lavender was planted on 5 000 m2 of land.
- Immortelle was planted on 3 000 m2 of land.
- Sage was planted on 3 000 m2 of land.
- Rosemary was planted on 1 000 m2 of land.
- Dalmatian pyrethrum was planted on 5 000 m2 of land.
- A 2 000 m2 orchard with 100 different fruits was planted.
- There are gardens planted on 2 000 m2 of land.
- The farming cooperative Bembo was founded in Bale in 2007. Bioaromatica Ltd., one of the founders, is currently its manager.
- The project Histria Aromatica was included in the strategic, developmentaand urbanistic plans of the municipality of Bale, which enabled Bioaromatica to build an agricultural facility on the area of 5000 m2.
- The Histria Aromatica project received positive reviews and support from the municipality of Bale, the Istria County, as well as from the Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts and the Croatian Chamber of Commerce.
- In 2010 it obtained a location permit and at the beginning of October 2011, upon payment of municipal and water contributions, the main project was confirmed.
- The building permit was obtained in 2011.
- The construction of the facility began in 2012.
- The building was completed in 2013.
- Park Histria Aromatica opened its doors to visitors in July, 2014.